- Buy Hard-Copy in India
If we take a look at what as-Salaf as-Saleh were upon, we find that although they slightly differed in few issues, they shared distinctive characteristics that were based upon the Quran and the Sunnah.
These characteristics are the distinctive traits of the Manhaj of Dawah that is based upon the Quran, the Sunnah and the understanding of the Salaf.
Shaikh Saleh aal-Shaikh (hafidhahullah) explains 12 such distinguishing traits in an enlightening essential lecture, "Establishing the Fundamentals of the Manhaj of Dawah in light of the Book, the Sunnah, and understanding of the Salaf."
Principles of Salafi Manhaj in Dawah
Transcript of a lecture by Shaikh Saleh aal-Shaikh (hafidhahullah).
Translated by Shawana A. Aziz
- Why the need to learn the Fundamentals of the Manhaj of Dawah?
- Du'aat (callers to Allah) are of two kinds
- Why is the reward of a Da'ee upon Allah Alone?
- Why is Dawah one of the best forms of worship?
- Why adhere to the understanding of as-Salaf as-Saleh?
- Means of Dawah to Allah
1st Distinctive Trait:
Dawah is for Allah Alone
2nd Distinctive Trait:
Priorities of the Manhaj of Dawah must be clear to the Da'ee
3rd Distinctive Trait:
Adhering to Ittiba (obedience) and refraining from Ibtida (innovation)
4th Distinctive Trait:
Tarbiyah with Ilm
5th Distinctive Trait:
Giving importance to the Arabic Language
6th Distinctive Trait: Academic Discipline
- The Da'ee must be confident that he is academically well-acquainted with what he is calling to.
- The Da'ee must know the Akhlaaq (praiseworthy manners) of a Da'ee.
- The Da'ee must have Prudence in handling the affairs of the people.
7th Distinctive Trait:
Callers to Jamaa'ah (unity) and to abandonment of disunity
(Establishing) Jamaa'ah and eradicating sectarianism has to be in two ranks
8th Distinctive Trait:
9th Distinctive Trait:
Salafi Manhaj is founded upon the fundamentals derived from the Sharee'ah texts
- Explaining the fundamental: Considering the wider MaslaHa
- Explaining the Fundamental: Blocking the Means (to evil)
10th Distinctive Trait:
A Da'ee should spread Optimism
11th Distinctive Trait:
Refuting the doubts(that are raised) in the Deen
12th Distinctive Trait:
Guarding the Tongue from slandering the scholars